Objectives of the Police Commission:
- Collaborate with the Chief in establishing departmental policies and procedures.
- Review, and approve police policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chief of Police in coordinating the activities of sworn officers, supervisors, and civilian staff and to assure that the department has the necessary resources within budgetary guidelines.
- Review any disciplinary matters involving sworn members and civilian staff of the police department.
- Assist the Chief of Police in reviewing and approving police budgets for Town Board final review and approval.
- Work to develop and maintain positive relationships with the community
The Police Commission welcomes input from the residents and businesses in the Town of Stillwater.
CLICK HERE To review the Police Commission Charter