You must be a current resident of Stillwater & have lived at the same address in the Town for at least one year in order for the Town Clerk to issue.
In an effort to achieve public safety and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, limited office hours and being closed to general public, except by appointment, the Town Clerk hours for resident certificates are Monday thru Thursday between the hours of 8 am and 1 pm. Please have application filled out when you come with the proper documentation providing proof of residency.
Proof required for Certificate of Residency:
- Document dated at least one year ago but not more than 15 months showing name, date and current Stillwater address.
- Document dated within the last 30 days showing name, date and current Stillwater address.
Students that have moved within the past year must obtain certificate at the County Treasurer’s Office. Phone 518-885-5381 Ext. 4319.
- Students who are not citizens of the United States applying for their FIRST Certificate of Residency must apply in the County Treasurer’s Office. Foreign-born students will be asked to provide a Visa, Permanent Resident Card or immigration papers indicating permanent resident status.
- Students must know their social security number (card not required)
- If the student is under 21, one of the two proofs may be of the parent.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE PROOF:
- College correspondence including bills or schedule of classes
- Dated mail or postmarked envelopes (window envelopes not acceptable)
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Cell phone, utility/telephone bills
- Formal Lease
- Driver’s license
- Car registration, insurance card
- High school interim reports, transcripts
- Medical records/prescriptions
- Pay stub
My college classes already started, can I still get a certificate of residency at Stillwater Town Hall? NO
Students applying for a certificate after college classes start must apply at County Treasurer’s office.
Saratoga County Treasurer’s Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone (518) 885-5381 ext. 4319.
Saratoga County Treasurer website for additional information on Certificate of Residency.