NEW NOTICE for BUSINESS OWNERS on FIRE SAFETY INSPECTIONS
As of, January 1, 2021 the Town of Stillwater will be conducting annual Fire Safety Inspections of all businesses, multifamily dwellings and places of assembly. Annual fire inspections are mandated by New York State and the Town of Stillwater. Please take a few moments to review the provided list of hazards commonly found during inspections, and survey your building for possible problems. DOWNLOAD full notice for the list of fees for Fire Safety Inspections.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or would like to schedule an inspection. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-664-6148.
About the Building Code Enforcement Office
- Responsible for enforcing international building codes adopted by NYS as well as all building and zoning related Laws.
- Review all building construction drawings for residential and commercial projects and issue permits.
- Work closely with the Planning Department on development proposals.
- Perform Fire Inspections yearly for all Businesses in the Town of Stillwater: List of Common Hazards and Fees for Fire Safety Inspections
- Issue appearance tickets for building code and zoning violations.
Additional Information Required for the Issuance of a Building Permit
- Surveyed Plot-plan showing property lines location of buildings, driveways, distances to property lines, location of well and septic (if required).
- Curb cut Permit from Stillwater Highway Department, NYS DOT or Saratoga County DPW.
- Workers Comp, Liability and Disability Insurance forms from Builders/Contractors.
- Two sets of building plans/drawings (may require an Engineer or Architect Stamp)
- Saratoga County Sewer Permit (if it applies)
It is always a wise decision and we appreciate you contacting Building Code Enforcement prior to the commencement of any construction to see if a permit is required.
- LIABILITY AND/OR WORKERS’ COMP FORMS FOR EACH PERMIT
- PLOT PLANS
- COPIES OF PLANS (may require an Engineer or Architect Stamp)
- SIGNED APPLICATIONS
- SEWER OR SEPTIC APPLICATIONS
Important Building Permit Applications
- Application For Operating Permit
- Agricultural Data Statement and Control Form
- Application for Building Permit
- Checklist for Building Permit